Ready to game in surround sound? Follow the step-by-step instructions below and you'll be up and playing in no time.
Many PlayStation®3 games support Dolby® Digital 5.1 interactive encoding. For connection with a digital optical cable, refer to the diagram and follow these instructions to experience the excitement of surround sound.
- Connect your PS3™ game console to a sound system with Dolby Digital technology using a digital optical cable.
- Set the sound system for the optical input.
- From the system menu of the PS3 device, select the Settings menu; then choose Sound Settings, Audio Output Settings; and select Optical Digital.
- Select Dolby Digital 5.1 ch.
- Press the right arrow button. Dolby Digital 5.1 ch. should be listed under Output Format.
- Press the O button to save settings. Check the Options menu of each game and set it to output Dolby Digital.