DOLBY RECORDING TIPS
Ready for the big time? So are we! To get you started we’ve put together this step-by-step guide so that you’ll be up and livestreaming before you can say “Lights. Camera. Action!”
Step 1: Open the Dolby On app and swipe right to find the livestream button.
- Connect to WiFi. While a good cell data signal will do the trick, a strong WiFi connection will definitely give you the best results.
Step 2: Choose where you’d like to livestream to.
You have a few options to choose from:
- Option 1: Log in to one of the social platforms integrated with Dolby On.
iOS users can choose between YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook. For now, only Twitch is available for Android devices.
But you can use the “Custom URL” option below to use other platforms.
- Option 2: “Paste your own URL”
Connect to even more platforms such as Vimeo and more with the “Custom URL” option.
Simply enter the appropriate RTMP info and streaming key of your desired platform.
- Here's is a great guide on how to get RTMP info from some popular destinations like YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, and more.
Step 3: Now that you’ve chosen a location, it’s time for a Soundcheck!
- Tap the Soundcheck button to start.
- Frame your shot, setting up your phone or tablet, and make sure your space is well lit.
- Tap the Test button and record your soundcheck test.
- Tap the Playback button to hear it back and ensure your audio levels and setup are just right.
Step 4: Showtime!
- Tap the Go Live button to start livestreaming to your destination of choice.
- Pro Tip: Keep your comment feeds available nearby on a separate device so you can view feedback and engage with your viewers in real time.
We’d love to hear about your adventures with livestreaming using Dolby On! Show us what you got by using #dolbyon in your title.
If you have any difficulties, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you enjoy Dolby On and keep on streaming on!